Thursday, January 24, 2013

Preparation: 27 Days

Hello World,

Well, it's been a little while since my last post. So I suppose you would like to know how I am spending my time off from school.

Last weekend, I had the privilege of  hanging out with some of my  old friends, as well as my Grandma and Brother at the 28th Annual Cubs Convention. With plenty of players, artifacts and conferences I definitely had my winter Cubs fix. One of the highlights of the convention involved meeting Kerry Wood, who was my favorite pitcher growing up. Although he finally retired last year, it was great to see him still involved with the organization. With that being said, I felt that I should join his cause to help kids in and around the city of Chicago. So I applied to intern with the Wood Family Foundation! Here's the link! They do some pretty great stuff during the summer, so hopefully I can be apart of that as well. I have an interview next week, so wish me luck, and any prayers would be nice too :)
http://mlb.mlb.com/players/woodfamilyfoundation/index.jsp

While preparing for Australia, I decided to look into things to do there on youtube. Of course I found some great stuff, but then I found this...The Huntsman Spider!!! Watch this video. This is the only reason why I am getting scared to go haha 
Stupid Spider Video

As the days keep counting down, I am growing farther and farther away from wanting to do school work. This of course is not good, because it means I'm not gonna have fun the first few weeks in my new country. But, after this semester is over, I will finally be a senior! Which means that I will be done with school forever and I am definitely ready for that.

My brother and I also saw Haunted House. It's really funny, but super stupid. So if you want to have a good laugh see that! 
I also saw Django which is sickk!!! See that if you want to see the best movie of your life! lol I'm still trying to see the Hobbit. So if anyone is down. Please tell me!

I have also had the opportunity to do some extra PR work while I have been home with my High School. So tomorrow I will be conducting a focus group to get some inside Social Media information for the school. Thank you Dr. Lee, for giving me the skills for that!

With all this being said, I am looking forward to my trip and cannot wait to start living in a completely new culture. I know things will be completely different than I'm used to, however I also know that I will be making some sick connections along the way. I figured I might as well network there so at some point I can move to a nice Australian city. Feel free to join me if you would like.

Well, I hope things are well. I miss everyone at school too. I want to come back for a Komets game, so if you're down to go, let me know and I will make my way back! 

If you would like to follow my travels on Twitter you can here:http://twitter.com/mikebruce1291

If you would like to follow my pictures on Instagram you can here: mbruce1291

If you would like to connect professionally you can here: linkedin.com/in/michaelbruce3

Until next time....





Peace!

1 comment: