Friday, January 11, 2013

Preparation: 37 days

Hello World,

Well, it is currently 1 Month and 7 Days before I leave for the OZ. All of my friends are going back to school once again, and I am sitting at home patiently waiting as I count down the days before I go.

My break has been quite eventful, and I couldn't be more thankful for the family and friends that have helped make it that way. From a Surprise Birthday Party, Bulls game, Hooters, Grandmas House, and catching up with old friends, this is by far the best break I have had in years.
However, I look forward to what is to come. As you may or may not know, I am leaving for Sydney, Australia on February 18th, 2013. I will be in Sydney for a little over 3 months exploring, studying, surfing, and searching for my future soul mate. I'm a fool for OZ accents, so don't be surprised if I bring home a 300lb girl either lol Or as my brother would say "She ain't a lady, until she's 280!" ;)

Apart from that stuff, I will  be in Sydney as I have mentioned before. I am studying at the Wesley Institute, which is through the ASC (Australia Studies Center program.) While at the Uni, I will be taking these courses:

Photography
Image Making
Hip Hop
Adventure Camp
Australian History
and Indigenous Cultures (Aborigine course)

I'm looking forward to these courses because they all seem really cool! The Adventure Camp will be with little Australian kids so I'm getting pumped for that class the most! The only thing that I'm not sure about is that I have been told this is an Art School, something totally different then what I am used to at Indiana Wesleyan University. I'm not very artsy, so I'm gonna have to find some people that are pretty chill I guess!

As far as I know, I will be staying with a family somewhere in Sydney (hopefully close to the water.) From what I have heard the families are pretty cool! Butttttt....I might have some bad karma coming my way because I may or may not have played plenty of jokes on the South Korean Foreign exchange students at my High School....Sorry to those of you. lol

If you have been paying attention to the news, Australia is reaching temperatures never before recorded. It is currently summer there, so that explains why it's so hot!. I will be getting there when temperatures are most like what a typical Fall semester would be for any college student: Hot the first month, and cooler as it progresses.

I will try to post once a week while I am there so you can live through my travels. I want to come back with so many stories to tell people, so be prepared for that!

If you are not following me on Twitter please do https://twitter.com/MikeBruce1291

If you want to see current pictures on Instagram @mbruce1291

If you have requests for photos text 847-431...Sike! lol

But for real, if you want to stay in contact I will be using Facebook, Twitter, and email mbruce1291@gmail.com. I will also try to Skype when I can too.

Until Next post....



Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment